Good looks: inside out

Good looks: inside out

“You are what you eat”

Your size zero or six pack is made 80% in the kitchen and the remaining 20% in the gym. The same holds good for skin and hair too. While topical products can help, holistic glow comes out of what you consume. As athletes we should consume a variety of superfoods and drink fluids rich in antioxidants to maintain optimal health, energy & appearance. Consider including these 5 items in your everyday diet


Most underrated fruit with loads of skin benefits. The high concentration of water actually helps to reduce water retention which leads to puffiness around the eyes. The best part is that it is low in sugar and can be consumed everyday without worrying about glycation which compromises collagen and causes wrinkles, sagginess, and a loss of radiance.

2)Green Tea:

Green tea is a powerful antioxidant and is anti-inflammatory in nature. Consuming green tea in empty stomach before workout flushes out body toxins and keeps skin supple. It is also rich in vitamin K and can help reduce dark circles when refrigerated tea bags used as undereye treatment.


Tomatoes contain lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that protects skin from UV damage and has an anticancer effect. Many compounds present in tomatoes have an anti-inflammatory effect. It is also rich in vitamin C which not only boosts the immune system but also stimulates collagen production.


An apple a day keeps the dermatologist away. Apples are rich in vitamin A, b-complex & C which helps get rid of pathogens and excess oil. Eating apples regularly can brighten your skin and can correct uneven skin tone.


Carrots are rich in vitamin A help reduce inflammation and encourage cell turnover. Packed with vitamins, minerals & antioxidants carrots can help regulate oil production and reduce psoriasis.